Counseling can help one face the challenges of life as well as provides the tools and support to cope. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, only one in three African Americans who need mental health care services receives it.
The effects of COVID-19 can create stress which may possibly cause fear and worry about your own health and that of your love ones. For example, it can change sleep and eating patterns, creating difficulty with concentrating or working. Everyone responds differently to stress, and we are here to help you.
To share God’s love, grace and mercy to those in need of healing and hope.
The Westside Baptist Church Counseling Services are available to Westside and non-Westside members. Our Licensed Professional Counselors/Interns and Licensed Social Workers provide a wide variety of counseling services for all ages, including, but not limited to, pre-marital/marriage, depression, stress, anxiety, self-esteem, anger, relationships, grief and much more.
- All sessions are by appointment only.
- Services are available to Westside members and Non-Westside members. Westside Members receive (2) one-hour counseling sessions at no cost. Marriage Counseling and additional sessions are fee based. For Non-Westside Members, all Counseling sessions are available for a nominal fee.
- WBC Counseling Department will respond to all inquiries within two business days (Monday-Friday).
- For help, please call (972) 954-5660 or request a session.
- Emergency and immediate services are not provided. If this is a mental health emergency, call 911 or contact your local mental health authority.
- WBC Counseling Department will respond in a confidential, compassionate and caring manner.
Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety. (Proverbs 11:14)
Cynthia Jones, MA Counseling, CSC, LPC